Thursday, November 24, 2016

My Son, My Miracle - My Strength !

There was a strong urge to share how Brave he has been in his Journey of Life ......

It was wee hours of the morning of 26th Nov 2009, when I was rushed to the hospital as my water broke but the toughest part to handle was the pre term delivery -- not by one or two weeks but I was early by more then two months!

Most of the mothers get to see their new born and cuddle them up in flesh as soon as they are born, but my babies were taken to Neo Natal care. Each day I used to ask my family when can I go and see my babies. 

It was on the third day when I was taken to meet my babies.When i entered the Neo Natal ward, I saw my cutie-pies on ventilator support, I had tears in my eyes and my heart stopped to beat - it was a sinking feeling!!!

The doctors told us that the babies are critical as they are preterm and each day is a going to be tough till they are off the Ventilator. If anyone knows about early babies or premature babies, will understand what I am talking about!

I was allowed to visit them twice in the day for few minutes. A beautiful bond slowly started to develop between me and my kids, the moment I used to enter the NICU their heartbeats used to go fast like they have sensed that their mother has come and it was such a Great feeling to see them breathing...

I used to ask the doctor when can i take my kids in my arms and hug my kids. There was a fear... the fear of losing ....

And then my fear came true - health of one of the twin started to deteriorate all of a sudden and we lost him to destiny.

I was devastated and I turned silent......silent as silence could be ...And I told life I am accepting the suffering ...But my only Hope down the road was this sweet little boy "Aryan".

Each day I used to hold his tiny fingers and tell him how important He is in my Life. In those few minutes i only used to pray and tell him how brave he is. He was just few weeks old but i feel he understood every word spoken to him.

He fought and came out strong and gained strength week after week. Then came the day when the doctor told me you can cuddle and feed him. I had the longest Smile on my face but still there was no news on when can he go home.

The first three months of Aryans Life were in NICU but with his little feet he made Big Strides every Single Day.

We got him home with immense happiness and it seemed that my World is Beautiful again but yet another Reality was waiting to hit me - my marriage was drifting apart and there was no way that i could let this kid suffer.

This new born who had gone through so much already needed "Love and Care" more then anything else in this world.

I could not keep him in the house where fear, anxiety, depression, fights, trauma, doubt, unhappiness, blames were living!!

He was bought in this World to Live a Beautiful Life and that's what he deserved then and now. This little one is the most co-operative, understanding kid, who is happy in everything and has never troubled me during my rough days.

He adapted in each and every situation with ease. Even though I got irritated with my life and found reasons to escape from life - His caring hugs and " I Love You Shilpa " always helped me to give a direction to my life.

It was just like any other day in 2013, when Aryan fell ill and when he was taken to the hospital, he was hospitalised immediately and we were told that He would have to be operated the very next day. It was the most traumatic experience for him & for me. I had to gather myself each day to stand in front of him and to give him the strength, energy and love that he needed to come out of this trauma.

Life has many ways of testing and sure it was testing Our "Strength, Endurance & Courage".

We both became stronger because we had to be. We became happier because of the sadness we've known.

Your child is what will keep you holding on, when everything else is falling apart. 

He made me Believe that we can do the Impossible because we have been through Unimaginable.

Cheers to Aryan who will always be the Miracle who Completes my Life. Wishing Him a Great Life Always.















10 comments:

  1. Hope you or Aryan never have to go through any troubles again and may you both have a long and happy life .. Ameen 😊..
    Happy Birthday Aryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you both, all the happiness in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you both, all the happiness in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring Story Shilpa....! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much strength to u lady.my kid has gone to nicu just after birth but I was lucky to hold him after a week.M sure ur kid will grow as a strong human being as like u.hugs to u both

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shilpa di,though I'd always thought you were a wonderful person right from college days , never knew you'd been through so much !! Lots of love to you and Aryan and may life bring only happiness to you both !! You do know that what doesn't kill you , only makes you stronger, don't you !! And true that kids teach us the best lessons in life !

    ReplyDelete